Tuesday, June 7, 2016

True Intent

April 25, 2016
Good morning to all! I know that its almost 12 here and probably the afternoon in other places today, but I wanted to write everyone and tell them that the Church of Jesus Christ is the true church that comes from divine guidance and has the authority given to those who are called to be prophets and apostles to guide the decisions of the church.  Because it’s not their church, but Christ’s!  I know it to be true because the more I read the Book of Mormon, the more I follow the laws and ordinances that pertain thereof from the church, it shows me and helps me feel that this church is truly guided and governed by the will of God.  I invite all to obtain a stronger testimony or start building it today though a couple counsels that I will write.  If you follow them I give you my promise that you will receive a great amount of Joy in your life.
The purpose to our life:
We came here to have a body, to grow and learn to do good continually by our OWN freewill and choice.  God gives us the chance to obtain never ending happiness and it is through his son, Jesus Christ that we can obtain it.  Why?  Because he is our exemplar and will help us in our desires to do good.  He is our only way to return to our Heavenly Father.
During the week we have had the chance to talk to many people, new and old, and help them understand that if they truly want to know the truth, if these things are true or not, they are gonna have to dig deep and have a real intent to do these things.  It is like the purpose of having your very own family.  You have plans that it is successful and perfect, you don’t even think about the odds nor think it would be a waste of time, so you strive to do your part to provide for your children and teach them how to be disciplined and good people.  You want the best for them and you fill the majority of your time helping them more than yourself and find yourself in that process.  So as we explain to people that to know if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is really the true church or not, they will have to put in effort and see what will happen in their life and judge for themselves if they are  guided to live a better life centered in Christ or not.  But the trick to that sadly is doing it.

In
John 10:11 the Savior says:
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

Alma 5:41
Therefore, if a man bringeth forth good works he hearkeneth unto the voice of the good shepherd.
As we teach many people we don’t ask them to do much, just to read the Book of Mormon normally, pray often, ask with a sincere heart if it’s true and obey the commandments.  To obey the commandments, we obey our Father in Heaven and we become strengthened by the wisdom of He who knows all things and sees all things. To do God’s will is good!

Moroni 7:13
13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.
So if we recognize that God wants us to do good then we will maybe have a desire to do good as well.  We all want to do good, but until which point do we draw the line and not want to do anymore good?  We have Espifanio here in our mission who has to wait a bit to get married, he’s not very educated but he wants to do good continually.  He is always saying hi to strangers and helping people laugh.  I think that  his sincere desire is to do God’s will or just do good, is what has helped him start coming to church and to obey the commandments and he has started praying even more.
Now for the educated it is a never ending process of debates, points of views, and THEIR own way to live life.  We need God’s help now more than ever with the amount of problems that are passing in the world.  So we should look for HIS help, HIS way.  We must ask with a sincere desire to do HIS will.  If we do HIS will, will not good come of it? 
We had a discussion with some of our investigators who kept telling us that they didn’t feel an answer or didn’t really receive a confirmation that what they are doing is true.  I would like to use a very well used scripture:
Moroni 10:4-5
 4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true;
and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

 5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

Too many times we ask God if what we should do is correct or if we should make a change, when he doesn’t seem to answer us it’s probably because we aren’t really ready to follow the answer.  It’s more of a vain type of question and we don’t receive because we really weren’t intending on obeying it anyway.

Moroni 7:6
6 For behold, God hath said a man being evil cannot do that which is good; for if he offereth a gift, or prayeth unto God, except he shall do it with real intent it profiteth him nothing.

Therefore we must really understand what is "real intent".  It is simply this:  Aline your life to what God wants it to be.  He knows better than all the books and philosophies of man and knows how everything runs in this universe.  Why would we not want to know what he wants us to do.  Now I do not intend in anyway saying that subjecting yourself to God is in some way a type of slavery, brain wash, or ignorance. No.

John 8:32
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

As I accept more of what God wants me to be, I become more intelligent, more free from the world and more happy.  Truly happy.  I choose to obey Him and I know that makes Him happy because He doesn’t force me nor oblige me to do anything.  He only invites me to do good.  If you don’t believe me then try what I have said;  Ask God the Eternal Father if what I am saying is true or not.  But it is. I know it.  I invite all to increase their faith and knowledge in God and do HIS will, not yours, and see what really will happen with your lives.  The book of Mormon is the evidence of that restored truth that makes us free.  Read it and apply its principles into your life.  They come from God.  I promise that as you find out what Heavenly Father wants you to be, you will only thank Him for giving you all the tools and teaching necessary to make you a better person, an unbreakable person.  You have my word and my testimony which I seal in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
I love you all and hope that you may all know that it is a true love to bring you to the truth.

Elder Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment