Thursday, May 7, 2015

Pedro Pimienta

May 5, 2015 (week 36 in Argentina)

Baptism of Pedro Pimienta
(Elder Nava, Pedro, Ramon, Elder Burke)
Yes that is right another baptism!  Hermano Pedro was baptized by Hermano Ramon (on the right) just this past Saturday and was confirmed Sunday as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  He was super happy when he was baptized and loved how basically half of the branch was there to watch his baptism. When we got there at first, the font was taking forever to fill up, so we ended up waiting for like two hours till we could start the baptism.  But it’s ok because we had to wait for the baptismal clothing and for other people to show up, so we just talked for a while, prepared everything, and then got going when the clock struck 1930! We watched a video about the testimonies of Christ from the first presidency and 12 apostles, it really struck deep as so many men testified that Jesus is the Christ and that He is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. After the video and talk that was from President Zarur, Hermano Pedro was baptized!  It was awesome.  As we ended with a prayer it started to rain super hard!  We were like what is happening??  It was pouring rain again and Hermano Pedro needed to go home.  So we walked with him to the bus stop and helped him get on the bus.  He was super happy the next day in church and came in and gave us huge hugs, Elder Nava and I, saying that he was super happy that we walked with him to the bus stop and it meant a lot to him.  I never thought that such small gestures like that make people feel so uplifted and happy.  He was confirmed and he was just happy to be a follower of Jesus Christ.  I shared my testimony saying that how Juan was baptized two weeks ago and now Pedro and the next week Santiago (Area of the other Elders) and how it was basically the three original apostles; Peter,  James and John- They too were called by Christ to follow Him and that they were only fishermen, but Christ made them become more as fishers of men.  We all change through Christ and we all become better when we follow him in everything that we do.  I bore testimony that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the power to change.  It was a good day. 


So we had translados (transfers) and sadly Elder Nava left for Formosa and I am here in Mendoza al sur still with elder Lourenco (Pronounced Lourenzo).  I’m gonna miss my little mexicano and all that he has done to help me become a better teacher and friend.  I’m gonna miss him.  But now I have Elder Lourenco!  His heritage is from Brazil, but he doesn’t have any knowledge of how to speak Portuguese.  He grew up in Rhode Island and is a wrestler.  He’s pretty awesome and we can’t wait to see the work that we are gonna do here in Mendoza Al Sur. He has been out for 8 months and now I am the senior companion.
Elder Lourenco and I

Also being the fifth of May, I couldn’t help but give a quick testimony to the parents I have and their anniversary.  Thank you Mom and Dad for being the best parents I could ever need to help me prepare to be a missionary and son of God.   Your examples have been a huge impact on my life and the choices I have made to be the man I am today!  I love you both and I am so happy that you have been together for 26 years and continue to be one-- as examples to me and everyone.   I thank you for both of your love and support and hope that today is very special.

I’ll get to see you, Mom, this weekend and I am pretty sure you are jumping up and down to have your first mother’s day with one of your children as a missionary.

Love all of you and keep strong in following Christ and see the changes, big or small, that He has made in your life.


Elder Burke

My nursing duties in action! Je je  (Elder Flick)
Our Zone:  Elders Atwood, Ortega, Lourenco, Fiabane, Stratford, Burke

Deep fried pigs in blankets
Elder Trumbo and I






"Selfies" in the bathroom with Elder Nava-
"I'm gonna miss my little mexicano"
Battle of Corrientes
(Elders Fiabane, Pace, Ortega, Nava, Burke, Ratliff, Huertas, Smith, Stout, Flick, Stratford, Trumbo)

No comments:

Post a Comment