Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Don’t Forget What You Have Learned

April 6, 2016
  
Hola Familia! 

Sorry for this like weird, late letter, the time just so happened to not be in my favor (on Monday) and the power went out and then the cyber was closed for a couple of days.  Let me be brief on the past week’s events: 

1. I have a new companion named Elder Allen who is from Portland and is newish.  I am once again ending the training of someone.  So I now have 4 step-sons, looks like I’ll never have my own son but it’s alright because it’s not the blood-relation but the spiritual-relation, right?  It’s too bad that he is not a red head so I could say "Ill beat you like a red-headed step child!!!" jaja  But, it’s alright, he is pretty cool.

2. We are working with the members and we are having the best charlas (talks) ever!  I love working with the members and every time I am leaving with the members, it makes me excited to go home and be an awesome member and go with them to see people and teach alongside them! 

Watching General Conference with Elder Allen
3. Well, conference was great and I will now make my comments on the purpose of Conference and what I learned.  First off, I loved Priesthood session with Elder Nelson when he talked about obtaining priesthood power and then from the same session when President Uchtdorf said that “If you are looking for a perfect woman, do you really think she would be interested in you?”  Oh snap, Uchtdorf said it! Jajaja  And of course, there was one talk about humility and then Elder Oak’s talk on Adversity and the need for an opposition in all things.  Then of course when we get to the end Elder Holland makes the nicest cherry on top for that conference sundae that he referred to in his own talk. 

So my question is.... What are we doing now? 

I mean sure we have had a great conference weekend and have heard many uplifting talks, and now if we don’t see a difference in our week or days or life... what happened?  Wasn’t conference and the words of the prophets supposed to change our lives?  Well they will when we APPLY what they have taught.  I believe that the most important week of our lives should be the week after conference.  We need to apply the Atonement of Christ and go to work to make ourselves better!  Don’t doubt about if you can or can’t possibly do it.   It’s like Elder Holland said, we are blessed according to our desires and we get credit for trying!  So go do it!  DO NOT FORGET WHAT YOU HAVE LEARNED!  The best student is he who applies what he learns to see if it is true or not. 

I don’t have any more time but I know that This church is the true church, Thomas S. Monson is a prophet and the power of God resides in the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I love you all and hope you enjoy this small message brought to you from the Elder Burke in Argentina, Resistencia Foundation (EBARF) je je Barf.

Love Elder Burke

Setting up for conference in the Branch President's office

Beautiful Argentina sunrise


Exploring a creepy, abandoned house in Las Palmas
with Elder Allen and Elder Moreira

No comments:

Post a Comment