Monday, October 27, 2014

Feliz dia de madre!

October 20, 2014 (week 8 in Argentina)
  
Dear people of the world outside my small area of Fontana,

These weeks have been so life changing and humbling for me and I hardly ever want to leave from this work.  We have days that we have great success and other days where we are frustrated by others.  It’s just like life honestly.  We can be trying our best to teach someone and show them how much love and happiness they can have in their lives, and they reject us.  Imagine two people in the world who come to your door solely to give you an invitation to have the greatest feelings you could ever experience in the world.  Would you listen to it and even follow the invitation?  That’s really how simple it is, nothing more than sitting down and talking, reading, praying, and acting on the invitation. 

I invite everyone to do just that, read, pray, go to church just to try it.  And listen for a feeling.  A feeling that is so great, that if you are looking for it you will find it.  It is crazy what you find when you start looking.  Elder Allen and I have worked and had good and bad outcomes.  We have learned about agency, patience and love more. 

Some of the people we have taught don’t wish to talk to us anymore.  And that is there choice.  I love that we always have our free will to choose for ourselves and to choose between what is right and what is wrong.  I thank my Heavenly Father for such a gift.  And I thank my entire genealogy of family members who have chosen certain paths that have brought me to existence.  I am always grateful for my life and the people that choose to be my friends.  I love you all and I am oh so grateful for my mom!

Happy mother’s day mom from Argentina (Argentina has mother’s day in October)!  I love you and I am beyond appreciative for raising me to be the man I am today.  You are above every family member I could ever have in my life and I hope you know how much I love you mom!


Elder Burke

Notes from mom:  Taylor was given permission to skype home for Argentina Mother's Day...however, I was on the road coming back from California.  We tried to get it to work on the Ipad from a McDonald's parking lot, but didn't have much luck.  At one point through all the static I finally made out the words, "I love you mom".  I could barely hear it, but it was Taylor's voice and I loved it.  We tried again a few hours later and we were able to see him and talk to him for about 2 minutes and then lost connection.  He was able to Skype with Matt (Matt was at home) and got permission from his mission president to call the following Sunday since it didn't work well.  Tender Mercies!!!
Skype with Dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment