Monday, October 27, 2014

Keep Walking!

October 27, 2014  (week 9 in Argentina)
  
Skype with family- lots of laughing and fun!!

Hooray!!! 

I got to use skype for the first time today!  Score one for me!  Ha ha!!
Seriously though, it was awesome to see my family and how they are pushing through their sore trials as I am away (I know, it’s so hard to be the entertainment to everyone).  It was funny because I think they had a hard time of actually talking to me for the first couple of minutes because they haven’t seen me live in probably 3 and a half months! But as always, I got to tell them how much they mean to me and what this gospel has done for my family.  But man how time flies while you are working!

So for this week...
Elder Allen has had problems with his knee in the past and ha sort of dislocated it last Monday!  But he didn’t tell me until about the next day when I was looking at it.  It was super swollen and I broke down the EMT skills of telling him to rest.  He still has problems right now, but it’s much better than the first couple of days.  He will probably be going to the doctor to get it looked at.  We have been in the pension for about three days and then he decided that he wanted to go see people.  This guy is a champ.  He has such a huge desire to help people, and sometimes he sacrifices his own comfort to walk a couple miles on a bad knee.  (His mom will probably kill me or him... one of the two!)  But, we have been able to study more and see the people we needed to see, so that was awesome.

We visited Gabriela, who was my first lesson here in Argentina.  Over the past few months she has slowly been changing and accepting our invitations of reading, praying, and yesterday she came to sacrament meeting!  Finally!  We weren’t expecting her, but there she was!  So we helped her feel comfortable and answered every question she had about the church.  The members helped a ton as well with that!
Elder Burke and Elder Allen Strike a pose!

Also the other elders had a baptism Saturday!  Her name is Lorana and we have been helping her along with the other elders to change from her old life and dark past.  She was the one that told us that she was looking for a new better life.   She was in Monica’s house and we were just walking in to drop off laundry, and felt so happy and warm when she was around us and later the other elders. She’s awesome and I will have to send pictures, because she is really short and funny!  Also we got a family, who are investigating the church, to come and watch the baptism. Every member helped explain what was happening and showed them that we are normal, happy people.  If you can go to a baptism and watch it, I highly recommend it.  It is very spiritual and a huge blessing to watch.

This week has been pretty hot and this week will get even hotter! Ay way!  But oh well, the church is still true and we are dedicated to finding the people who want more in their life and are willing to listen.  Missionaries always go the distance to help people.  If you have the chance to ask them why they have left their homes, families, friends, and basically everything else to talk about a church organization, they will be happy to share with you why.

I am beyond grateful to serve my Heavenly Father and to help his children (my brothers and sisters), to help them realize who they really are.  I am also grateful for the love of my family and all that they have, do, and will do for me.  I hope my entire family and the generations of my family past, present, and future know just how much I love them.  I testify that this is the true church, that this is what has brought me continual joy and happiness to me, my friends, and my family.  I know God lives, that Jesus is the Christ, and that through the Holy Ghost we can know the truth of all things. I love you, all who read these words, and only wish the entire blessings of heaven to fall upon you as it has for me.  I say these things in the name of our Savior, Redeemer and brother, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment