Monday, November 2, 2015

I need a Gym

November 2, 2015
  
Elder Burke and Elder Montero
So first of I want to say that I love all of you and thanks for writing me!  It was awesome to see the lives of all of you and reply back.  I used most of my time writing replies so I won’t have a good detailed message today as before.

So we have had super success with Celene, the 9 year old miracle, who is just bringing friends and relatives to hear us teach!  We are talking to her aunt Angelica and she is absolutely the best!  She is happy to find people who want to do good and she couldn’t come to church with Celene this week, but she will be there later.

Matias is progressing still and now we are teaching his entire family of 8!  It was remarkable because we came to the house of Matias and found his aunts and uncles and their kids as well.  We taught the plan of salvation and they were super interested, but wanted to know more before they make a commitment.  So we will be teaching them more.  Matias won’t be baptized this Saturday sadly, because he doesn’t feel prepared but the thing is we are working our butts off down here with teaching new people.

Que capo que es el-  Who's the boss??
Well the funny story of the week is that first off, it was Elder Montero’s Birthday and I bought him a ton of Lays potato chips and gave him traditional birthday spankings, I think he like it! ;P ja ja JK.  And we went to the house of Hermana Mara to eat lunch for his birthday and it was all super good! She did arroz con pollo (rice with chicken) and papas fritas (fries)! And well afterwards basically we had an arm wrestle with the brother of Irina Ricardo, who is 15, but very well off in being strong and well... he beat us both. It was embarrassing!  But what can I say.. I haven’t seen a gym nor had the time to be buff.   And being my now slender man figure has got the best of me.  It’s the worst.  So we are now doing more exercises in the morning.  ja ja ja
Arm wrestling with Ricardo!

Other than that the area is great, we are working with the members and we are becoming basically a family even more with the branch!  Love you all!

Elder Burke


Noche de rama with mi familia






Que verguenza que tenemos--What a shame we are
- we both lose to a 15 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment