Friday, March 4, 2016

Me voy, Adios, Me fui

February 23, 2016

Buen Dia a todos! Ojala que su semana anterior fue buenisima y que la prozima sea mejor!
So as we would all like to know, "Elder Burke, are you still in the Mendoza Al Sur Branch?"  The answer sadly is no, I am now in Chaco, Resistencia in a pueblo called Las Palmas.  Yea, it’s really different because for almost 8 to 9 months, I knew where everything was at and how to find people, now I am back to getting to know everyone and also getting to know the area.  I am a District Leader and also I’m training again!  But I don’t have my own son, but yet another step-son. He’s really cool and is from Buenos Aires, his name is Elder Teves.  It’s gonna be a lot of fun.

This last week was the move right?  It was super awesome and super-fast.  We moved literally everything that we had so fast that we did it all before the end of the day.  It was great and I had like 5 days to enjoy the pension before I left.  I will be missing Mendoza a lot.  But you will get to see the photos.  We had a shower that was really high powered and also we had so much space, a microwave and even air conditioning.  I know it doesn’t sound like much but hey, you have to enjoy the things you are able to get in life.  Now I will be talking about Matias.

Matias was somewhat having a hard time with going to church lately because he got angry at some of his fellow worshippers and it was hard for him to forgive.  We were told of what was happening and one of the members, I won’t say who, was saying that we have to "drop cain" (Be really Frank) with him so he learns.  Honestly I do not like that type of correcting people.  Yes, Christ did teach with authority and disgust at what was sin, but He also taught to help those people (including his very own apostles) recognize that what they were doing was wrong in the sight of God.  When we met with Matias I was thinking of what we would say and how could we say it so that he can once again repent and follow the Savior.  So as we sat down, I followed the impressions of the spirit AFTER listening to what was bothering him.   Almost 85% of the time, the problema was a misunderstanding and people reacted on only what they knew, but not to all that was happening. We guided him to understand all of what had happened and then read scriptures on what God thinks of the miracle of Forgiveness.

It is a miracle and a tender mercy that out Heavenly Father gives us so many times to forgive and be forgiven after repenting and forsaking our sins.  We constantly think that when someone sins or makes a mistake and it seems intentional, we automatically hope that the wrath of God falls on their heads.  If we think that such should be the punishment for others, we too will be the recipients of such punishment when we sin.  If we want to be forgiven, we too must forgive.  Doctrine and Covenants 82:1 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, my servants, that inasmuch as you have forgiven one another your trespasses, even so I, the Lord, forgive you. 2 Nevertheless, there are those among you who have sinned exceedingly; yea, even all‍ of you have sinned; but verily I say unto you, beware from henceforth, and refrain‍ from sin, lest sore judgments fall upon your heads."

Now that I am in Las Palmas, it’s well..... very far away from everything.  So I am here in the church with the other elders and we are enjoying the company of one another and we are also enjoying the small things like talking, sharing stories and eating some delicious sandwiches.  I’m looking forward to getting to know the rest of the branch, and from the people that I have gotten to know, everyone is super nice.  It’s a big change from Corrientes and their atmosphere.  It’s kind of a relief that I can walk and I don’t feel like I will be robbed or anything,

I’ll be writing all that happens next week and there will be pictures of the area and of everyone.

Love,


Elder Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment