Monday, November 24, 2014

The Turkey is Done!

November 17, 2014 (week 12 in Argentina)

Hola! 
Sewing at the Garcia home- Love the parrot on his shoulder


So this week is transfers and we now wait to see if we leave or stay!  But, this past week has been so awesome and filled with the spirit and fun!  First off, I want to just say that the president that we have, Presidente Franco, is one awesome man and loves his missionaries. 

So this week on Monday, I once again used my awesome powers of sewing and constructed a beard beanie for Elder Allen!  Sure it’s not cold here right now, but he is happy as a clam to look like rip van winkle!  I took a picture with it on just to show you how wise and awesome missionaries can be, but sadly due to mission regulations... I had to shave it all off.  It was a sad moment.  It reminded me of home and how my brother and I would wear our beard beanies early in the morning hanging out.  LOL.

Made Elder Allen a Beard Beannie
Splits with Elder Pacheco
                                                                                                                                                            So, I went on splits with Elder Pacheco this week for two days!  I was in charge of my whole area and it was definitely a test of my Spanish skills because I didn’t have my gringo companion to clarify what exactly people are saying.  We went to Corientes to get legalized with some of the other people.  We saw the coast early in the morning and there was a huge bridge that we crossed over to get to it.  I saw otters!!! They’re so cute!!!  AAAAHHHH!!! LOL… and we had fun talking with the people as we were waiting to sign papers and get legalized.  Although it took us away from working that morning, we had a blast and also opportunities to tell people who we are. 
Corientes coast
Bridge to Corientes



Elder Allen sewing with Garcia family
Also at the Garcia family, I showed their grandma and mom how to sew with their new sewing machine. I’m learning Guatanie from their grandma right now and it’s so awesome!  Ha ha - three languages now I will have under my belt! 

We had so much fun and taught Gabriela!  We taught her about eternal families and that God has commanded us that we should be married to one another, man and woman, before she could be baptized. and although she had doubts about the marriage before, she felt the spirit when we testified of eternal families and that even though the marriage paper that she would have says ¨till death do us part, the temple sealing power binds us and our companions throughout every generation of time.  It was one of the best lessons I have had so far.  What is awesome about the spirit is that the more you try to feel it through righteous works, the more you come to recognize when it is with you or not.  For me I tear up out of nowhere when I feel it strong.  Yes, I’m a baby, but honestly that’s what you feel.
Maria and her grandson

I love our Heavenly Father and how much he has given me and for my family, that I know will be together through eternity.  Nothing is better than that: family.  I always think of my family and how happy and loving we all are with living these truths of unity and love. I have no doubt that with all my heart that I will be with my family after this life, and nothing will ever separate us.  I love you all and enjoy your stories and remarks.  Please keep writing me and telling me the things that are important in your life. 

Les Amo.

Sinceramente,

Otters swimming
Elder Burke
Bridge to Corientes


Elder Pacheco

Giant Lettuce given to us by the Castillo family

On the road to Corientes

No comments:

Post a Comment