Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Hijo Mio (My Son)

November 25, 2014 (week 13 in Argentina)
  
Hola de Saenz Pena!!!

Transfers happened and I am now in Saenz Pena!  It’s quite the shock because Elder Allen is still in Fontana!  I was thinking that he was going to leave and I would be in charge of Fontana, but well I’m where the Lord wants me to be.  So sadly, I can’t send pictures on this computer for some reason but hopefully next week I can send pictures. 

So my new companion is Elder Swingle from New York!  He’s pretty awesome and has well... 6 weeks in the mission... yup I am finishing his training as his new trainer (No Elder Swingle... I am your father!)  Here in ensanche sur 1!  Ha ha… we are having an awesome time talking to the people of Argentina.  He has taken 7 years of Spanish before getting here so he knows a lot more than me, and he is 18 and finished his high school years in Texas.  He is a very awesome missionary and definitely loves to work hard.  We have been working hard as we walk through the heat of summer contacting and spreading the gospel to these new people.  He is very smart and tall.  He’s been showing me around and we have also been exploring together new places where he hasn’t been.  Our pension (apartment) is much nicer than the one in Fontana, so I am grateful for that, but when I got there it was super dirty, so we fixed all of that today for p-day.  I also found out that there is a zoo close by our zone so be ready for pictures of a lot of animals in this transfer! Over all this transfer so far is going by fast and without much worry. I mean sure, I already am teaching after I just finished my training last week, but I’ve got the hang of things and am doing the Lord’s will.

Since Thanksgiving is this week I have a great amount of things that I am thankful for:

1. I am thankful for my Mom who gave my Dad a Book of Mormon.  If she didn’t give my dad that book I wouldn’t be here in Argentina or exist.  So I am always grateful for her decision to share what seems like a small act of missionary work, but makes a big change in the life and family of another. Love you Mom and Dad.

2. I am grateful for a great extended family, one that is united and there for one another always. Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, a brother and a sister that love one another so much and only want to make the best memories together.

3. Estoy agradecido por mis amigos, quien saben cuan importantes son para mi. Cada vez ellos han estado allí para mi y les amo. Cada memoria que tengo con ustedes tráeme felicidad.  (google translation:  I am thankful for my friends, who know how important they are to me. Each time they have been there for me and I love them. Every memory I have with you bring me happiness)

4. I am beyond thankful for every person who is supporting me and sending me their love through email.

5. And finally I am thankful for Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Over this week we have taught many lessons to people who haven’t had hope or think there is a point to life, but through Jesus Christ we can be forgiven for every wrong we’ve done in our lives and leave behind the darkest of pasts.  I am beyond indebted to Him for such a sacrifice He has made for me.  I love Him and for the hope He gives me every day, whenever I wake up with some doubt that I can’t help people.  He is my Savior, my Redeemer, my Shepherd, my King, my brother. 

Espero que sepan que les amo, (I hope you know that I love you)


Elder Burke

No comments:

Post a Comment